Thanks to all participants and contributors to the 2019 Policy Boot Camp.
- Over 100 students attended the Introduction to Policy Making session led by Prof Andy Westwood and speakers from the House of Lord Parliamentary staff and Policy@Manchester
- Around 40 to 50 students participated in Sandpits on:
- How can we ensure economic growth in GM is more environmentally sustainable, socially inclusive and prosperous for residents?
- How can Greater Manchester be a national leader in ending rough sleeping and reducing homelessness?
- How does Greater Manchester become carbon neutral by 2038?
- How can we build public consensus about responding to climate change?
- 10 teams pitched the ideas developed at the sandpits to GMCA and Cabinet Office.
Get in Touch
Please contact Jay Amin via +44 7957 432627 or the form below if you have any questions about the course, registration or internships. Registration has now closed.
Policy internship updates:
- Internship application status: You will have head back from the initial sift and some feedback has been provided if you’re application hasn’t been successful at this stage. Get in touch if you’d like to discuss the feedback.
- If you’re application has been successful, it has been passed to one of the policy organisations for consideration. The will consider your application and offer an interview/informal chat. If you’ve not been offered an interview/informal chat, we’ll try to send your application for consideration with another policy organisation for consideration.
- Once all placements have been completed, feedback on the remaining applicants will be available.
- If you’ve been successful at gaining an internship, you will need to complete the paperwork sent out by the UoM Employer Engagement team (please do so as soon as possible).
Send Us a Message
Copyright UoM Policy Boot Camp – All rights reserved